Monday, September 5, 2011

Alignment Response


1)      I wish that the three slides would go back to the very beginning so I could see the alignment of the text instead of just trying to remember it. But what I do remember that it was interesting, because to me it seemed almost like the word murmuring was trying to mimic the way in which a tear or dew drop might fall, almost drizzle off something like a cheek. And the way insects was then reflected just reminded me of glassy eyes; however, I think I might be trying to read too far into the third slide and trying to make connections between the first and third that might result in a loop. Regardless, this unusual alignment catches the viewers’ attention, even if the sound didn’t.

2)      (Yep I tried making connections too fast, and looked at all three then answered questions) The alignment of these three words mixes with the use of contrast as well. Because “air” is somewhat more noticeable because the light font contrasts with the darker background, but my attention to air might also have to do with the double line stretching across the top part of the screen and to the right. This first causes your eyes to travel directly to “air” then back down the line to earth (like you would a normal text), then across the crescent and down to “water.” I’m not sure about how this alignment is supposed to work or its significance. I’m actually slightly confused by the last part to this response question. I would like someone to explain to me first how they think this alignment works well, cause the only think is the lines and the moon are in a wrong alignment. I guess it does give weight to the appropriate horizontal axis but that’s all I understand, but I really don’t seem much of an alignment.

3)      I think this alignment of words is different than the previous two scenes, because it was trying to tie into the picture more I think. Like those shapes I thought were kind of haphazard made a lot more sense in the third slide.  I think the main use of alignment in this case was to focus upon the words and by shifting them into a tear it made the piece more meaningful and efficient. The voice behind it is sober, which further adds to this alignment. What I find interesting, and I might be wrong, but I don’t think alignment has to be stationary. I think the whelming up and flowing effect worked quite well for the poetry segment. 

4)      Honestly, the poem is really hard to hear. I can’t make out most of it, but to me it sounds like action was not being taken despite human tears being shed. It is really hard to make an analysis on what I can’t hear, but the alignment just seems to relate to the human strife this man feels, because it does follow the curvature of the eye similarly to the path a tear would start and end. The main point is a reflective but sober, sad or even grieving emotion.

5)      I think this lack of alignment is just done to show that these are similar components but very different. This method of organization forces viewers to find their own way to follow the scattered alignment. I’m not really sure if my thinking on this piece is right at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment