Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Photography

I have been interested in photography for a fair amount of time and think that this is a perfect opportunity to explore that avenue.

The three texts I am considering to use include:
-My uncle: Made is living off taking pictures
-A series of three books I bought a year ago
-Sources from the internet
-Maybe set a meeting with a photography professor at WSU or someone majoring in that field

I am using some more informative texts (like the books and the web), but then I'm combining them with more personal texts (like my uncle and a professor or student). I want to compare and contrast these two things to see what real photographers find most important and the passion that might drive them, which I cannot gather from just informative texts. I think there has to be a level of similarities and differences.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping that some conversations we had in class might've cleared up this assignment a bit for you. You're going to need to choose 3 texts to use the IX terms to analyze, thus you're analyzing much more of the "how" then the "what." Say you look at a website that gives tips for photographs. In your analysis, you'll need to identify the rhetorical situation and then describe how and why different design strategies are used. It'll be like what we did in class with the presidential candidate websites, or like the analysis in chapter 2 of the WSU website. Make sense? Hold off on your uncle for now (it doesn't make sense but he might make an appearance in the final class project. Take a look again at the assignment: http://arola.kuurola.com/355/fall11/assign.html

    ReplyDelete